Thursday, November 19, 2015

30 Days of Thanks-Day19

Today I am thankful that I took interest in my mom's cooking and baking and that I have learned and make some of her best recipes regularly.  My mom was a wonderful cook and baker.  It took me until I was in college to fully appreciate that, take interest in it, and to actually ask her for recipes, tips, and advice.  I'm baking her pumpkin bars for Dave to bring up for deer hunting this weekend and listening to Christmas music.  She made THE BEST pumpkin bars and loved Christmas music.  Dave tells me the bars are one of the things I baked for him early in our relationship that won his heart:)  I'm so thankful for all the "gifts" she gave me along the way that help keep her memory alive each and every day. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Mom, Lexie!! So cool that she's in so much of your life and you are so much like her! I love that David remembers those pumpkin bars you baked for him way back when you were dating. I remember when you offered him the choice of scotcheroos or pumpkin bars, he immediately, without hesitation chose your Mom's (and your Grandma's?)pumpkin bars. I love your posts of 30 days of thanks. Have a good weekend.