Saturday, November 28, 2015

30 Days of Thanks-Day 28

Today I am thankful for a very nice visit with Dave's Grandpa & Grandma Welter.  The kids and I went over for the afternoon and had a really nice time and also got to see both of their caretakers as they were switching guard for the week.  The woman who cares for them (Xanah (sp?))  was so sweet; she brought in a HUGE box of chocolates, wine, and a pie and told the kids to eat some chocolates.  We all had a couple pieces and it was so yummy!  She walked in and told us all, "kiss me!"  She was very sweet and got straight to cleaning, my kind of girl;)  Grace read Grandma a book and the kids entertained everyone by jumping on a mini trampoline the other caretaker, Peter, brought out for them. 


 
I am also so thankful for how my dad takes care of my mom's gravesite.  He goes to the flower shop here with the changing of the seasons and picks things that she would've picked herself.  Unfortunately, even though we ordered her headstone (actually a garden bench) very shortly after she passed away, it won't be put in until spring.  So, until then, he keeps it looking just perfect for her.

This little cardinal is tucked in the center of the wreath.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lexie, thank you for taking the kids to see my parents!! They really do love your children and of course they hear about them from me all the time! Zana (you were close and actually her name is much longer but for us Americans, she goes by Zana) is the BEST!! So nice she treated you all to chocolates. We just love her!! Peter is a character and fun. Amazing that he brought out a mini trampoline for the kids. Wonder where that came from! Ha ha. Did he tell you about his daughters? Your Dad is an amazing man and of course he knows your Mom so well, he can choose the perfect things for her gravesite. I pray for you and him, David and the kids and the rest of your family every day asking God to comfort you and take away your pain.