Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Who needs presents...

...when you already have the best gift ever given.
Do you ever just look at your child and just get this overwhelming sense of love, pride, joy, etc. for them...like you just seriously want to pick them up and squeeze them as hard as you possibly can? Okay, maybe it's just me:) Sometimes I just look at this little face and can't believe that I am lucky enough for her to be mine. Here are a few things about my little princess...
*She can't stand it when her pants are over her belly and immediately pushes them down
*She calls herself Tinkerbell, calls me Queen Clarion, Dave is Terrance and Bear is Cheese...all characters from the Tinkerbell movie. Ask her who her Papa is and "he is just a man fairy."
*She firmly believes her Uncle Doug will not get any presents for Christmas because he is on the naughty list, she told me so this morning.
*She needs to sleep with me because "I miss you when I'm in my bed" and she has to come to the bathroom with me because "I love you and need to come in here with you."
*She loves Christmas just as much as I do and can really belt out the Christmas tunes
*She loves to watch Biggest Loser with me and there is always a commercial for a local fitness place on during Biggest Loser; she always tells me that I need to go exercise there because my belly is fat.
*I couldn't possibly love her more

1 comment:

Vicki Reed said...

This brings back gooood memories. David informing me @ age 3 that little boys can sleep with their eyes open when he was wide awake when he was supposed to be napping. Paul's 4th grade teacher, Sr Martinella told Jim & I how he reacted to the "class teddy bear" interrupting him as he attempted to give a serious oral book report. "Are you trying to get me into trouble?" asked Paul to the bear when Sr had the Teddy bear trying to distract him. Laura & I laying under the big silver maple in our front yard on Biemeret St & she was just completely taken with the leaves being tossed by the leaves & sun shining through as we just laid on our backs looking above. Being a Mom is truly the most fullfilling part of my life especially in those innocent tender years. I still miss when I'm not there for their birthdays or fun in the summer that we used to find joy in way back then!