Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to my amazing little girl

Happy Birthday to my baby girl. This is my favorite picture of Madi, taken when she was just a day old...I can't believe it's been 3 years already:(I woke up very early the day Madi was born and was having some contractions. Dave and I couldn't sleep so we got up and Dave made us breakfast. The contractions went away for a while and I got ready and went to work. I was at work tyring to get things in order thinking today was finally the day and the contractions came back and I e-mailed my mom back and forth filling her in on what was going on and talked to Dave several times as well. Finally, around lunch time, the contractions were getting worse and everyone at work told me to go home, they didn't want my water breaking there:) So, I headed home and stopped by the bank first and was going to get a sub for lunch but just then I had a really bad contraction so I went home instead. I got home and laid in bed and did anything to keep myself comfortable. Dave called and I told him he really needed to come home now. So, he had someone from work drop him off and I've never seen him more frantic than he was that day. Finally we got it together and headed to the hospital. We got there shortly after 1:00 and I was most definitely in labor and halfway dilated. We got situated in our room and the contractions continued and I asked if I could have something for them, not an epidural, but something. The nurse gave me something in my iv and as I was asking her how long it would take to go to work, I slumped over in Dave's arms...that was some gooooooooood stuff:) A few hours in the hospital and an hour pushing and Madisyn Kaci Reed was born at 5:53 pm on September 8, 2006. She weighed in at a whopping 9lbs. 6oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long and perfect in every way.
I'm having a hard time today with Madi turning 3. I'm sure part of it is the hormones from being pregnant again but the thought of it just makes me sad. She is getting too big too fast and I hate it. I just wish she could stay little forever. I just want my precious little girl to know that I love her more than words can say and I can't imagine my life without her. She will ALWAYS be my baby and the day she was born will always be one of the greatest days of my life. I love you so much Madisyn , Happy Birthday to my little princess.

No comments: