Thursday, June 18, 2015

Summer Days

Today was a pretty great summer day.  Not having a morning schedule we have to follow is so nice; now if we could only get Wyatt to sleep past 6am (he gets up between 5:30 & 6:00 on most days).  At least the girls are finally starting to understand the fine art of sleeping in.  We went to story time at our local coffee shop where the kids made ice cream, heard stories about ice cream, played a game, made an ice cream craft, and got root beer or orange floats for a treat.  Story time days are becoming our one day a week to eat out for lunch so they talked me into McDonalds afterwards.  Then we went for a visit to Grandpa & Grandma Hoverson's house so Wyatt could tell them his big news... he used the potty for the first time this morning!  I decided to stop at the greenhouse on the way home to see if I could find a couple hostas.  A woman overheard me asking the owner if he had any left and after he walked away told me just to come over to her house and dig some up because she had plenty.  I recognized her from when I worked at the bank so off we went to get a couple plants.  Madi said, "this is so random" when we got to their house.  They changed their minds when the woman's daughters took them in the backyard and let them play on the swing set and tire swing. 
Our new (free) plants!
 We made some sun tea and I'm sure it tastes better out of a mason jar:)
 Wyatt and Grace had popsicles at Madi's soccer game.
 

It was a pretty perfect day in my book:)

No comments: