Monday, January 9, 2012

Failed resolution...

Here we are, 9 days in to the New Year and I have failed one of my resolutions. My goal was to be better about updating this blog.....but, time just gets away from me! So, the Reed Review is back and I'll catch you up on what's been going on with us since my last post at the end of November!

We went and cut down our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving-we saw Doug & Sarah at the first tree farm we stopped at and Dave made fun of Doug for having a saw with him and not a chainsaw. We went to a second tree farm where we found this beauty and when my lovely husband went to start his chainsaw, it was OUT OF GAS! So, the owner of the tree farm cut down our tree for us:)


The whole family went to Madi's first Christmas concert! That's her in the middle in the black & purple dress. They were soooo cute!


This is where I celebrated my 29th Birthday this year, watching the Packers beat the Raiders! It was so much fun; Dave & I had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, tailgated with his aunt, uncle & cousins, then headed to the game. Thanks to my mom for watching the girls & to Dave's parents for the tickets!
The weekend of December 17th we celebrated Christmas with the Reed crew at Dave's parents house. We had a great weekend and they LOVED the family pictures we all had done for them. The kids all had so much fun playing together and putting on puppet shows for us with their new puppet theatres from Grandpa & Grandma!
Christmas Eve we went to mass with my family then to my parents house for the traditional taco dinner, 24 hours of A Christmas Story and presents. We were terribly spoiled as usual.

I got this awesome present from Doug & Sarah, Doug made it by the way! It's a growth chart to keep on our wall and it can be taken with if we ever move. I LOVE it!
December 26th we spent the afternoon with Dave's extended family, the Welter crew. It's always fun to get together with them. Dave's Grandma went in for triple bypass surgery on the 27th so it was great for everyone to be together.

And finally, we rang in the New Year with my mom, Doug & Sarah. The girls actually stayed up until midnight and probably would've stayed up later if we had let them! Crazy kids. So, not that we've been busy or anything, but maybe you can see why our blog has been neglected? We're still recovering from Christmas:)

No comments: