Thursday, December 13, 2012

I've said it before...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I am one proud mommy:)  Here's another note we received from Madisyn's teacher today...

"Hello Lexie,
I wanted to give you a heads up with what my plan is for Madi. I also wanted your input to see if you are on board with what I'd like to do for Madi during Daily Five. Please let me know your honest feedback.
I assessed her reading level this week and she is currently reading at an instructional level E (Level C is the goal for the end of kindergarten)!!!! AMAZING! After talking with Mrs. Miller (another kindergarten teacher), I found out that she also has a student that is at a instructional level E. She offered to work with both students at 10:00 each day at their instructional level. I'm wondering if this is okay with you since she will be going to Mrs. Miller's room at that time. I would continue working with her during the week as well but I thought with guided reading groups, this would be best for Madi.

What are you thoughts, questions, concerns? I think this would be a great opportunity for Madi and help progress her even more in her reading skills! :) She is such a pleasure to have in class!"
 
 I can't belive it's only halfway through the year and she's already at that level!  We are so proud of our smart little girl!

1 comment:

Vicki Reed said...

That's our smart Madi & Grace is close behind! lol. It must have felt great getting a note from Mrs. Rosenthal full of praise for Madisyn. Helping other children learn will be right up her alley as when we play school, she takes it very seriously & it quite the little teacher!