Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I told Madi she could stay up as late as she wanted tonight (great parenting, I know). I was in my room cleaning and came out to find her fast asleep in her color book:) What a sweetie she is!

I don't want to call any of these things resolutions because then I'd be more prone to break them, so I'll just stick with things:) In no particiular order...
1. Read more-I don't know the last time I actually finished a book that was not a kids book
2. Take time for me-I love my kids more than words can say but I need some me time
3. Take more time for Dave & I-we rarely go on dates, we hate leaving our girls:(
4. Lose those last few pounds before my brother's wedding
5. Spend more time talking with God and growing in my faith
6. Be more patient, especially when it comes to my kids
7. Give back in someway-I used to spend alot of time at the nursing home and I'd like to get back into that
8. DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF-the world will not end if the living room is not picked up every night before I go to bed

I'm looking forward to the New Year, 2010 was a year of a TON of change for us and I'm ready to slow down a bit. I can't wait for my brother's wedding, my sister's graduation (actually, I can wait, because it means she'll be going off to college:( and hopefully a trip to Evanston among other things:) Happy New Year!

No comments: